Thread: Whats on at the Movies ?

Post Whats on at the Movies ?

Just a quick note on a new feature we have introduced on GardenRoute.com called Whats on at the Movies ? which provides GardenRoute.com users with up to date movie schedules for the Ster Kinekor Junction cinema at the Garden Route Mall as well as the Knysna Movie House. These schedules are updated weekly in order to keep up with the schedule changes at the Garden Route Mall cinema.

Please keep in mind that although the movie times are fairly accurate, the cinema's do reserve the right to change scheduled times without updating the online schedule so we suggested that the times listed on "Whats on at the Movies ?" be used more as a guide line.

Enjoy

Nice feature pity - Ster Kinekor does not release the facility to book via the various portals then from their flash driven website
    Last edited by kilos; Wednesday, 20 January 2010 at 01:29. Reason: typos again

Quote Originally Posted by charlvn View Post
    Personally I'm not very excited about Avatar
    FWIW, I thought it was excellent... pity we don't have the 3D or IMAX version anywhere near us here (closest I guess is Cape Town??), but even the 2D is well worth watching IMHO... Its just beautifully done, very creative and a pretty good story too.

By the way, am I the only one excited about the new A-Team movie coming out?
    I second the excitement! A-Team FTW!

Works well. Can't wait for the mobile version
    G
    WebMaster
    http://www.gardenroute.com
    Business & Travel Guide to Garden Route South Africa

I normally use this site for seeing what is showing at the GR mall:
    http://www.gardenroutemall.co.za/movies.htm

sometimes that page shows no movies for no apparent reason though, so its good you've made an alternative available!

Sadly, the supply of consistent and reliable data has been the bane of our life since we started some 14 years ago. Having run a portal for this long database maintenance is a huge cost against low returns, particularly for things like events.

We were forced to remove anonymous posts on this forum as well as classified ads and events purely because of the petty abuse by spammers or "work from home", "cell phone sales", type ads. Its a pointless and counter productive exercise to have skilled labour waste valuble time on no return items.

The GRWUG if successful may prove a huge benefit for sharing of such data so all local tourism sites can be current. This concept using something like OpenID is a dream we have had for a long, long time.
    G
    WebMaster
    http://www.gardenroute.com
    Business & Travel Guide to Garden Route South Africa

If
    1) data is updated personally by entity benefiting from having the data aired publicly
    2) automatically tagged with a date/time of last update to give readers an indication of the reliability of said data
    3) labeled with contact information (in the event that (2) shows the data is out of date)
    things would generally be much better in the world.

Agreed that OpenID is cool, and great that google is part of it (many people already have gmail accounts, so already implicitly have an OpenID).

sheez...bring on the ateam! i better go look for all the old issues to get up to speed. Whats next...night rider and airwolf?

Quote Originally Posted by liambeattie View Post
    Whats next...night rider and airwolf?
    There was a new Night Rider which aired 2008 / 2009. It wasnt bad but much like the other new shows at the time it got canned at the end of the 1st season when the financial disaster hit. No news on Air Wolf or Mac Guyver yet, although if you need ur Mac Guyver fix check out Stargate SG1 and Stargate Universe

Dont say I never give you anything charl :P here is a nice XML data feed for all DSTV channels - http://zaxmltv.flash.za.org/ Comes in a per channel or all channel data feed :P

Thanks very much - would be great to add DSTV as well - now just need to find something for SABC and we're sorted.
    I believe SABC1 is channel 131, SABC2 is channel 132, SABC is channel 133 and ETV is channel 134 on the DTSV bouquet so if u download http://zaxmltv.flash.za.org/schedule...PARATE.tar.bz2 u will get the data u need from the files ending in -131.xml, -132.xml, -133.xml and -134.xml.